Node JS is one of the most sought after and revolutionary cross- platform, open source and runtime environment that is recommended for generating or building networking and server- side applications. This programming language can run on Linux, Microsoft Windows and OS X. With a rich library of simplified modules, Node JS is widely used to design web applications to a great extent.
The latest and prominent users of Node JS are Uber, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Yahoo, eBay, General Electric and Wikipins.
Where to implement Node JS?
- Data Streaming Applications
- Single Page Applications
- DIRT or data intensive real time applications
- I/O bound applications
- JSON APIs applications
- Event drive and Asynchronous with Node.JS library that is pretentiously non-blocking. Node.js server does not wait to receive the data response from an API. Eventually, the notification mechanism of Node.JS events enable the server to submit the response.
- No buffering is required with Node JS as the applications or the targeted data simply come out as an output in the form of data chunks than buffering.
- Highly scalable but single thread with event looping and threaded models.